Air conditioning is one of the most important pieces of equipment in any building. Whether it’s an office or a home, things would quickly start to get uncomfortable without air conditioning.
It’s not just about people getting sweaty and sticky, either; humidity can wreak havoc on everything from paper to metal. That means that if you have AC problems, you need them solved before they become expensive disasters.
So who does this? You might be tempted to hire the first technician who comes knocking at your door- but not so fast! Hiring an inexperienced contractor could cost you dearly down the line. To make sure that your AC installation goes smoothly and maintains high quality for years- even decades to come, here’s what you should look for in an aircon installer. These ten qualities can help you distinguish between those who carry a wrench and those who know how to use it.
1) Experience – Hiring someone with experience is always better than hiring the first person that comes knocking at your door.
2) Honesty – A contractor specializing in AC systems will be able to find out exactly what is wrong with your system quickly, allowing them to provide a fair price without any surprise costs down the line.
3) Familiarity With Regulations In Your Area
For installation work to meet code, contractors must stay up-to-date on all of the latest regulations and building codes in their area. This is especially important if you live in a northern area that requires specific types of insulation, for example.
4) Creativity- One size never fits all when it comes to AC systems, and this means that some installations may require an unusual solution or two to get the job done. A contractor who can think outside of the box will find these solutions quickly and easily.
5) Punctuality – Nothing ruins a plan faster than running late. No matter what type of appointment you have with your installer, punctuality is required for any contract worth their salt!
6) Upfront Pricing- Good contractors are willing to lay out their terms upfront. If your contractor waits to give you a price after they’ve started working, the chances are good that it will be more expensive than if they had given it beforehand.
7) Open To Criticism – Your AC system is an important part of your home. It needs to look attractive and fit in with any design plans or color schemes you already have in place. That means that you want a contractor who will work with you around these kinds of issues- not just ignore them!
8) Professional Demeanor- A professional aircon installer knows how to conduct themselves both on the job site as well as off the job site. Knowing this can help prevent any legal troubles down the line.
9) Friendly And Inviting Atmosphere- A contractor who can put you and your family at ease with their friendly behavior and inviting presence is a contractor who is capable of providing quality work.
10) A Strong Work Ethic- When it comes to contractors, sometimes all you need is someone who will show up on time and get the job done as quickly as possible. Other times, however, you may require something more- like someone who shows up early or stays late to ensure that every aspect of the installation meets code and has been completed correctly.
The above list should give you a pretty good idea of what exactly to look for when hiring an AC installer!